|Background and Objectives
- The Civil Service Commission (CSC) is holding a photography contest entitled “#MakuhaKaSaARTA” as part of the Dekada na ang ARTA celebration.
- Entries must strictly follow the celebration’s theme: “Dekada na ang ARTA: Sa Matapat, Mahusay at May Malasakit na Serbisyo Publiko, Bayan ang Panalo”. Photographs should be able to capture excellent public service as defined by ARTA. This may include good physical set-up of a government service office, frontliners who are ready to serve, or clients satisfied with the service provided them. The images should be able to depict a non-choreographed or candid scenario in any government office/employee’s quality of service delivery, taken in any Philippine government agency.
| Who can join/participate?
- This contest is open to all private individuals, aged 18 to 65 years old. All government employees are ineligible to join the contest.
- Each participant shall submit one entry only.
- CSC employees and their relatives up to the third degree of affinity or consanguinity are disqualified from joining the competition.
| What are the contest rules?
- The photographer may coordinate in advance with the government agency where he/she will take the photograph for their awareness or for logistics purposes. This does not mean, however, that there should be prior set up of a scene or a deliberate arrangement of a particular scenario. The agency should not meddle with the scenario to be captured in the photo.
- While the photo taken should be candid, the photographer should coordinate with the subject after the photo has been taken for the signing of a release form. This means that the subject agrees to have his/her photo taken, but that the actual photo was taken without the subject’s prior knowledge. By signing the release form, the subject agrees that the photo may be published in social media and print publications of the CSC. Without the signed release form, the entry shall be disqualified.
- Photographs should be in digital file, full color, or black and white, with 300 dpi, in JPEG or JPG format, and may be on portrait or landscape orientation.
- Photographs submitted should have no watermark. There should be no identifying mark on the images to eliminate any bias during the screening and judging of the submitted photos.
- Photographs to be submitted must have been taken after the official launch and announcement of this contest.
- The following photographs or images are disqualified:
- Photographs that have been previously submitted or have won in any local or international photography contest.
- Photographs that violate a person’s rights including, but not limited to, copyright and privacy.
- Photographs that contain obscene, sexually explicit, offensive, or any other objectionable or inappropriate content.
- The public vote for the #MakuhaKaSaARTA entry begins at 12:00 a.m. on September 1, 2017 and ends at 11:59 p.m. on September 12, 2017 through the official CSC Facebook account:
| What are the criteria for judging?
||Only the top 50 entries with the most number of “likes” by end of voting period shall be shortlisted as qualifiers. These shall be screened by the CSC ARTA Program Management Team to come-up with 20 semi-finalists.
The semi-finalists will be judged by the members of the CSC Commission, and other CSC officials, based on the following criteria:
- Adherence to theme/content – 50%
- Creativity and originality – 25%
- Photographic Quality- 25 %
The decision of the judges is final and not appealable.
| Announcement of Winners
- The winners will be announced on September 29, 2017 via the CSC website (www.csc.gov.ph), Facebook, and the Contact Center ng Bayan (CCB) website. The winning photos will also be featured in the ARTA Watch section of the CS Reporter
- Cash Prize of PHP10,000 and certificate for one (1) winner of #MakuhaKaSaARTA
- Cash Prize of PHP5, 000 and certificate for one (1) special award for the entry with most “likes” via CSC FB.
- If the same entry tops both categories, the second entry with most number of “likes” will be conferred the special award.
- Non-winning semi-finalists will receive a consolation prize of PHP2, 000 and certificate each.
| Other conditions:
- Should there be any complaints that may arise due to similarities, likeness, or comparison of the design, the participant must prove his/her photograph’s authenticity.
- CSC reserves the right to disqualify any entry for violation of intellectual property rights pursuant to Republic Act No. 8293 or for any other reason.
- If any party manifests in writing that his/her intellectual property rights have been violated by a contestant/entry, the CSC reserves the right to withhold the cash prize and/or use of the winning photo until such issue has been settled.
- All studies and designs submitted for entry shall be considered property of CSC and as such, the CSC further reserves the right whether or not to use the materials.
- The design of the photo must be certified original and/or officially submitted by the participant.
- The CSC assumes no responsibility for any transmission error or delay in the online submission of the entries. Also, it cannot be deemed responsible for any possible theft, deletion, and/or alteration that might be made on the entries/entry forms that will be submitted online.
- By joining this competition, the contest participants agree that CSC may opt to upload in its official website a gallery of the photos to be submitted for this contest.